DIY Photography has a nice piece about eight things you can learn from Ansel Adams. Check it out. Here they are summarized…
- “You Don’t Take A Photograph, You Make It”
- Know Where To Stand
- Photograph How It Feels (Not How It Looks)
- Pre-Visualize Your Photos
- Ignore Critics
- On Technology And Photography
- On Music And Photography
- Make Photos Look Like Photos
…but you really need to read the article to get the most out of this list.
NOTE: An earlier blog entry discussed pictorialism, which is mentioned in the last point about making photos look like photos. Interesting counterpoints to consider.